Christmas with the Castellanos
So last weekend we had Christmas with Derek's mom's side of the family. We left Saturday morning. I had a lot of fun. I am starting to feel very comfortable around his family, which is great. So for our Christmas dinner we had tamalas, tostados, burritos, tacos, and rice. Oh if you couldn't tell his mom's side of the family has some Mexican backround. I always think that it is weird to eat that food for Christmas. I am used to the traditional turkey and mashed potatoes dinner, but I am starting to appreciate their way of doing things. There was major drama like there always seems to be at any gathering that has over 20 people there. Someone got forgotten about and didn't get a present and threw a huge fit. This made Derek's sister and grandma very upset. Anyways things calmed down and all in all it was a great weekend.
Derek's brother is in town with his wife from California. It's always nice to see them. Also I got to meet someone from Derek's family that I had never met before. His Uncle Moe. Uncle Moe is a character. He used to live in Chicago. He is 'self-employed' and very mob looking. Hmm...wonder what he actually does. Anyways he was a very nice guy.
I love Derek's family and I guess it's a good thing since we are getting married in 5 months.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home